1kg – baker’s flour(plain flour is okay)
600L – water(warm)
50g – dry yeast
50g – caster sugar
200ml – olive oil
1.5Tbsp – salt
1cup – semidried tomato
1cup – Kalamata olives
2sprigs – picked fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven at 200C. dissolve yeast and sugar in the water and keep aside for 10minutes to activate the yeast.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, semidried tomato, Kalamata and rosemary together and make a well.
- Pour the olive oil and yeast liquid then mix with a wooden spoon until mixed well. Transfer in a lighly flour surface and knead well until the dough is smooth, adding more flour in the process if needed. Transfer back in the bowl, cover with kitchen towel and rest it for 45minutes in a warm area.
- Once rested, the dough should be doubled in size. Place the dough in a dusted shallow tray.
- Flatten the dough using your fingers. Cover with towel and rest for another 30minutes.
- Pour generous amount of olive oil on top of the dough and season with salt. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked. Let it rest for another 10 minutes before cutting.